Can't log into router or check it online
hazhines

I have two perhaps related issues:

1.  I cannot log into my router using myfiosgateway.com

2.  When I try to trouble shoot the router via Verizon's website, I get a message that it can't access my router

Any help much appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't log into router or check it online
jonjones1
Legend

@hazhines wrote:

2.  When I try to trouble shoot the router via Verizon's website, I get a message that it can't access my router

Try 192.168.1.1

the logon and password are on your routers sticker.

use the routers information and not the WiFi login.

sorry I forgot. I would first turn the router on and off to see if you get a solid connection. Solid white globe.

if that doesn’t work, hit the reset button in the back and then access it like it was on first use.

lastly, if it does not get DHCP call 1-800-VERIZON and have them verify connectivity to your ONT then router. You may have a bad router or even an ONT.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@hazhines wrote:

Try 192.168.1.1

the logon and password are on your routers sticker.

use the routers information and not the WiFi login.

sorry I forgot. I would first turn the router on and off to see if you get a solid connection. Solid white globe.

if that doesn’t work, hit the reset button in the back and then access it like it was on first use.

lastly, if it does not get DHCP call 1-800-VERIZON and have them verify connectivity to your ONT then router. You may have a bad router or even an ONT.

0 Likes
SeanITAll

Do not go to that IP. Scam.

myfiosgateway.com is not safe either now. A lot of DNIS re-routing to scam sites.

Why Verizon hasn't fixed this is unknown. I would recommend dumping them. A lot of people have breached home networks because of this.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

192.168.1.1  IS NOT A SCAM

It is a non-routable, local IP address that is the default IP address of many routers, including Verizon's.

The OP should try https://192.168.1.1 to see if they can get into their router.  If not, there is a problem with the router and they should contact Verizon support.

There is a chance that the IP address is different if the user has changed router settings.  This requires a user to actively login and adjust router settings.  I don't see anything in this thread that suggests that the OP has done this.  If the OP has done this, they should use the IP address they configured or do a factory reset on the router.

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes