Charged with Installation Fee for Transferring Service - After Being Told It would Be Waived
Slthomas123

BEWARE Fios customers - Verizon is completely dishonest about "waiving" their installation fee for a service transfer. Not only that, they can't get their stories straight regarding what your rate will be if you move and transfer service. Initially decided to cancel my Verizon service, as I was told my customer service my rate would actually INCREASE if I moved, since the "special discounts" i was receiving would no longer apply. Having been a Fios customer for 5 years, I was extremely upset and decided to pay the early termination fee and go with DirectTV. I later decided to keep just Internet service to avoid this fee, and when I called back, the agent I spoke with acted extremely surprised (what a coincidence) that no one told me I would qualify for new member rates if I transfered my service. Great, wish someone would've told me that 2 weeks sooner. I decided to keep service, was informed that my installation fee would be waived "since it's a service transfer" - which Verizon's OWN WEBSITE states, and this was confirmed by the Tech who came out to do my install (at my residence which was already wired for Fios). I turned in my equipment to the tech and thought everything was dandy. Then I looked at my first bill. Not only did Verizon initially fail to adjust my bill to reflect the new rate (which was later corrected after I called), they charged me a $90 installation fee! I called to explain that I was informed this would be waived, and the rep conveniently "couldn't find it in your notes." He also said he was unable to waive the fee. I asked if that were the case, why he had to review my notes, and why I was TOLD the fee would be waived. He didn't have an answer. On top of that, they're showing that I never turned in my equipment. Perfect. I spent 30+ minutes on the phone with customer service, spoke with a supervisor, asked to speak with HER supervisor, and was told that she was the highest single point of contact I could speak with, and she could assist me with canceling my service if I was upset. I hung up and decided to file a complaint on here because i am FURIOUS. At this point, I'm ready to take advantage of the 30 day no penalty termination and be done with this circus. Way to treat your loyal customers, Fios. At the very least, you could make sure your customer service reps can get their stories straight. 

0 Likes
Re: Charged with Installation Fee for Transferring Service - After Being Told It would Be Waived
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi slthomas123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes