Conflicting fios order status - installer might show up or not
Jayfar

In the portal my Fios install cutover order (currently have Vz voice and DSL at same location) still shows as scheduled for Tue, Oct 22, but I keep getting emails saying they need more information or else the order will be cancelled on that date. When I call and speak to a live agent, they know nothing of additional info needed.

We've been trying to reach you regarding additional information needed to process your order #{edited for privacy} We're sorry to inform you that we will not be able to complete the order on the date provided, 10-22-2019.

If we do not receive a response, your order will be canceled on 10-22-2019.

Please call us at 1.800.Verizon (1.800.837.4966).

Thanks for choosing Verizon.

Last week my existing phone service and DSL was prematurely disconnected due to the pending order. I called in then and found it was because when I placed the order online, following the prompts led me to make a new portal account (rather than creating under my regular portal login) and as a result the shutoff date of the existing service somehow wasn't properly coordinated with the Fios order install date. The agent was able to restore my service, but only by cancelling my original fios order and creating a new order from scratch.

The next day I got an email stating my order couldn't be completed because "Another customer is currently receiving service at the address you provided" and that I would need to upload proof of residency using the non-existent portal option "Upload proof of residency." I called and the agent was able to contact someone in billing to straighten that out, without me needing to upload documents.

Yesterday and today I received the email about "regarding additional information needed to process your order." An agent yesterday couldn't see anything that anything additional is needed and suggested that maybe it's the email is the result of the previous cancelled order, even though the order # in the email is the current order #, not that of the cancelled order and that I shouldn't worry.

Today I received that email again, but on Sunday there is no live agent to speak with (Call tomorrow, Goodbye).

The portal doesn't show anything amiss with my order, still scheduled for Tuesday, but I have to wonder whether anyone will show up to install. It's a bit bothersome as I had to arrange in advance to have either my landlord or the downstairs neighbor be at the location to provide basement and rear courtyard access for the install (if they won't be home, the landlord will come over).

Grrrr....

0 Likes
Re: Conflicting fios order status - installer might show up or not
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jayfar,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes