Connecting Wireless N Router to Existing Fios Router for NAS Access
javajay
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I'm Trying To Do:

I have a 1TB Western Digital MyBook Live as my new NAS for accessing music, photos, video.  Accessing this data through the Actiontec MI424WR Wireless 802.11b/g is not the best performance.  I want to add in a wireless-N router to the mix but know I have to keep my existing Fios Router in the mix.

Understanding that the Gigabit part of a wireless-N Gigabit router is for the wired speed increase, do I need to get a gigabit router for when I plug in my NAS, or does that not make a difference.

Basically, I know that the wireless-N will get me better access wirelessly, but will connecting the NAS via Gigabit give me an extra boost as well?

According to most posts, getting a wireless-N router directly from Fios is near impossible, so bridging a new router to the existing one seems like the best bet.

Thanks for any help anyone has.

Re: Connecting Wireless N Router to Existing Fios Router for NAS Access
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

I bridged an N router to my MI424WR,which is also an N router and really did not notice a big performance jump,i am satisfied with the MI424WR.even though my linskys N router is more expensive.