Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Connection Drops / Phone in another jack causes drop in net connection?
MisterPoe
Enthusiast

This is an odd one. A phone in another room, plugged into another jack (with filter) is causing my new to drop. I am unable to keep both a wireless or wired connection. I am running window 7 64. All of my cords and plugs work just fine and until about a month ago I had no real issues. The problem was happening with both my Westell 7500 and my new Actiontec GT784WN. I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon and the man had no idea as to what the issue is. Supposedly everything is working fine on my end. Could a bad phone jack/wiring be the cause of this? The jacks in this house are pretty old and it's about the only thing I can think of. If anyone knows where I can find the stats to post for you please let me know as I am new to this Actiontec and can't find anything.

Re: Connection Drops / Phone in another jack causes drop in net connection?
MisterPoe
Enthusiast

Happened twice more today. Net freezes just before the phone rings and then it disconnects completely. I don't even have a phone in this jack or room. I did notice my jack wiring is ancient. Good place to start?

Re: Connection Drops / Phone in another jack causes drop in net connection?
dslr595148
Super User
Super User

Yes, that is good place to start.

0 Likes