Connection problems
silverrose1

The Dsl light keeps going out and coming back on but the Internet light stays on. I have tried everything to fix it but it still keeps going out. It was fine the other day, we were having problems with our phone we could get calls but could not call out so we had someone come down said we needed a new phone which is fine. But after he left we started to have this problem. What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: Connection problems
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the tech who left check any of the wiring? He could have bumped or loosened something up on you.

0 Likes
silverrose1

I think he did but we checked them ourselves and tried unplugging everything to replugging everything. It works fine for five minutes then starts going off again.

0 Likes
Theresa100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello. I have been having on and off connection problems for quite a while now. One of the Reps who helped me told me that if the DSL light is blinking, the problem is not in your home, but somewhere in the central office. (as opposed to the internet light being red or off, then the problem is in wiring or in your house somewhere)

In other words, if the internet light is red/off, then you would be able to get a connection to the server if you were able to figure out the problem. If the DSL light is blinking, then the problem is with the server itself, and you cannot fix it from your end.

You might want to contact tech support, or wait for the rep here to elevate your issue to tech support.

Theresa

0 Likes