Connectivity Issues When Gaming
BlakeW1

I've had issues with fios ever since I got it in terms of gaming. Whenever I play I get very unusual lag spikes that are quite annoying. The issue is,is that I have my router sitting 5 feet away. I'm only on a wireless connection currently because I can't find a ethernet cable and haven't been able to buy one, but that shouldn't change the fact that I am only 5 feet away and still have connectivity issues. I've tried port forwarding, running the speed optimizer, and restarting the router multiple times. Yet still no solution to the spiking. I'm at my wits end now because the spiking is beginning to get worse and at this point am beginning to doubt that even a wired connection would change anything. If you can think of anything that I could do, please respond. Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Re: Connectivity Issues When Gaming
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try giving the game console a static IP address at 192.168.1.200 or above then log into the router and put that static IP in for the DMZ. This will give the game console full access to the internet without the need for port fowarding. Also go get an ethernet cord and plug the game in directly to the router.

0 Likes