DC Universe Online PS3 disconnects on FIOS
jjlewis1

Hi, ever since I got Verizon FIOS I have been having non-stop connection issues with one game in particular. Every game works fine except DC Universe Online. It would play normal for a given amount of time then all of a sudden I will get kicked off the DC Universe Online server, but I would still be logged in on the PSN server. I configured port forwarding and DMZ and I see no change. I currently have my PS3 hooked up wired, it was wireless before and the same problem occurs if I'm wired/wireless. I heard somewhere that DC Universe Online doesn't like hybrid modem/routers. I have the MI424WR modem/router. Does anybody know what can be causing this problem I am having?

0 Likes
Re: DC Universe Online PS3 disconnects on FIOS
jjlewis1

I talked with SOE support and they told me: "I noticed that you’re using a gateway wireless router. These type of hybrids tend to have problems playing the game due to the amount of information going in and out. 
Please try using a dedicated router/modem to see if it makes a difference." Does Verizon FiOS have a non-hybrid modem/router? Can anyone help me with situation? It still keeps on occuring, will connecting another router help?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jjlewis wrote:

I talked with SOE support and they told me: "I noticed that you’re using a gateway wireless router. These type of hybrids tend to have problems playing the game due to the amount of information going in and out. 
Please try using a dedicated router/modem to see if it makes a difference." Does Verizon FiOS have a non-hybrid modem/router? Can anyone help me with situation? It still keeps on occuring, will connecting another router help?

They appear to be saying that you have a gateway router between you and thegaming machine.  In a fios setup that would be quite correct as the VZ router is in between. 

Possibly there are some ports you need to forward from the internet to your machine to make it work??

0 Likes
jjlewis1

I forwarded all the necessary ports, but when I use a utility to check if the port is open it says not open or not reachable. The funny thing now is that the connection is running better off wireless than wired. Also the rounter does random power cycles.

0 Likes
GreeneMile
Enthusiast - Level 1

None of Verizon Fios routers are hybrid... They are normal routers that have a coax adapter built in. Fios dosen't use modems since the signal dosen't have to be modulated or de-Modulated  hence the word MODEM "MO = Modulate , DEM = DEModulate" I believe DCUO has something aginst verizon. I was once hard wired and after DCUO did an update I would DC every few min. called SOE talked with Verizon had a tech check the system and signal and no issues on verizons part. we even changed the router for a newer one. I believe they blocked verizon because the standard ipload and download speeds are much higher on average. But sony's policies always point to your isp and not them.