DONE with Verizon
AllisonNu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer since the days of Bell Atlantic. I have had DSL for YEARS in the same location without any issue until about six months ago.

Since then connections dropping all day at random intervals.

MULTIPLE calls to Verizon, a tech visit where the tech never showed up, a new router, another call today to be told that I have to DOWNGRADE my speed as the central office can't keep up.

WHAT?

In order to have a "stable" connection I need a lower speed. No other options. No other testing. Just downgrade my speed -which mind you has been working FINE until a six months ago. Might as well go back to dial-up!

To top it off - I need to be the one to get back on the phone to downgrade my connection with customer service. Wait - there is no customer service with Verizon anymore!

Annoyed and will be canceling as soon as I can as the service and support are not worth it anymore!

Re: DONE with Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AllisonNu,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AllisonNu,

Sorry we missed you. We haven't heard back from you on your private support case. We're available here on the forums around the clock. Please make a new post anytime, if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Theresa100
Enthusiast - Level 3

What you describe is exactly what happened to me. After we replaced out router at their suggestion, they replaced the modem, phone jack, inside and outside lines, we were told we either had to settle for slow speeds, or pay more to upgrade to the next highest tier. UNACCEPTABLE! Technology is supposed to improving, not getting worse. There is no excuse for this response.

As for customer service, I can't get anyone to respond to me, either.

Good Luck to you! You'll need it.

Theresa

0 Likes
AllisonNu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain Theresa!

I was acutally told to DECREASE my speed which, as I expected, did not fix the issue! Now I have a slower connection that still continues to drop. Ready to go back to dial-up as would be better than what I am dealing with now.

Tried several times to get a tech out here but all I get from Verizon is that I am to far from the CO to get a good high speed connection. Must have moved the CO since I am in the same location and my connection worked fine for years (since the Bell Atlantic days)...

Now I must collect my patience for another call to Verizon tech support which so far has not resolved anything but has wasted much of my time (and sanity).

Good luck to you to you Theresa!

Allison

0 Likes
Juicyloo10

Yep, I have the same issue. I have opened several support cases to no avail. My DSL is horrible (far worse than my previous Charter Cable DSL). I'm seriously thinking about moving somewhere that I can a different provider because this is intolerable.

0 Likes
Re: Don't MOVE, IMPROVE!
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Juicyloo10 wrote:

... My DSL is horrible ... I'm seriously thinking about moving somewhere that I can a different provider ...

Call me old fashioned but would it not be easier to get your DSL repaired?  Instead you're considering having to pack all  your worldly goods, sell your home and buy a new one (or change apartments if that's the case), unpack all your worldly goods at the new location, get new ISP service, and then later find out that even other providers sometimes need a bit of coaxing to make sure things go as desired.

Seems like a lot of work to me, when probably a few phone calls or a technician visit will get things squared away.  Yeah, I'm just an old fashioned kind of guy.

0 Likes
SlightlyTweaked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amazing!  Exactly the same thing that has happened to me for the past week and half.  Keep getting these folks who aren't Americans and who can't pass me to my local office to schedule a service tech to PROVE THE PROBLEM IS with THE CENTRAL OFFICE.

I've had this DSL connection for nearly 12 years.  4 or 5 months ago started getting random drop outs.  I am beginning to wonder if this is VZN throttling back connections. 

Scheduled my FIRST service tech call starting last week.  8am to Noon May 7 to come to my home.  Got another call on Sunday to make me jump through useless hoops again.  Scheduled (again?) service tech to come to my home 8am to Noon May 7.  Got another call on Monday  that I found on my answering machine wanting to go through my stuff (and time again.)  If I had called them back, it would have been the 4th person going through the EXACT SAME SCRIPT.

Today, 8 to 12 came and went.  No service tech called, or arrived at my home.  At 1245 I tried to find out where my service tech was.   Person I got was clueless and apparently, all the call center in Asia does is e-mail the dispatch center here in the US.  Finally got off the phone at 145- in that solid hour I spoke to no less than 4 different operators who always asked who I was and why I was calling. Stil, no one could answer what happened to my scheduled technician VISIT.

When I got off the phone  at 145 I had what appeared to be a solid 2.88mbps DL and .72UP.  Of course now that they closed out my ticket and 1 other person is on my home network, I'm lucky to get 1.4 DL and .43 UP.  Using DSLREPORTS.COM line quality says I've got outrageously high ping responses, lost packets and a generally unstable connection.

I have already spent 11 hours trying to resolve this, but every time I am forced to start over with whomever is on the other end of the phone.  What did VZN do? Fire every customer service rep and tech in the US???

This is only a 3mbps connection.  Can't go up.  Sure as hell aren't going down.  Am actually considering COMCAST internet - something I swore I would never do.  A 20mbps pipe for $52 a month.  Heck, I'm paying $30 for an unreliable 3mbps.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SlightlyTweaked,Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Theresa100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, by all means everyone, please keep your correspondance to your Private Support Portal. Can't have you all talking to one another about how you're all experiencing the exact same issues, down to how the issues are handled by (or NOT handled by) Verizon. And we certainly can't have all those people who only read but don't post getting a real idea of the severity of the problems, either.

Be good little customers and SSHHHHH...