DSL/Phone bundle mix up
Max291

Main problem: the seemly random splitting of my account into two accounts with two bills (one unaccusable to me)

When I first signed up for Verizon service I selected a dry loop (DSL only) since I did not own a land line phone or fax machine and because the service representative could not provide me with exact numbers for DSL vs. DSL/Phone bundle prices. After talking to another Verizon customer in my area I decided to switch to the phone bundle service since the bundle price was lower than my DSL only price even with the additional tax from the phone line. A couple month latter I began getting emails telling me to pay my overdue bill, and every time I would receive such an email I would log in to my account only to see a message thanking me for my last auto bill payment made in full. My DSL was finally turned off and I called Verizon, the service represented could not see any balance on her end turned my DSL service back on after only a day or so. About two weeks later my service was terminated again. This time the representative I spoke to told me that I owed $120 some and that he could only reinstate my service or even tell me how much of that consisted of late fees after I paid Verizon. After a week of phone calls resulting in an endless line of transfers between service representatives, assist teams and the billing section I gave up and paid the bill since I needed my connection back desperately to continue the college classes I was enrolled in at the time.

At the end of all of this I was assured that the following would happen:

-my accounts would be merged (no one had any idea why the two were separate since both accounts showed that I had purchased the bundle.)

-I would not be charged for the days my service was off or charged late fees

-a Verizon employee would latter check into my account to make sure the problems were resolved

Where I stand now:

-getting the same emails about a second ghost account

-I was not able to find out what from my bill was consisted of late fees

-I was called some days later but the representative only cared that my services were back on and could not tell if there were additional accounts floating around under my name

-can’t get the phone line to work but that isn’t a major concern at this time

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL/Phone bundle mix up
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Max29,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Max29,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes