DSL connection drops randomly.
mydslhelp777

hi, I live in Brooklyn, NY. My DSL connection drops randomly through out the day especially during bad weathers. Can anyone help me with this problem? ( i have rebooted my modem multiply times with no improvement.)

here is couple of transciever statistic i recorded during a few disconnect earlier. 

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver RevisionA2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code4D54
Line ModeADSL_re-adsl
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)1820162
Margin (dB)5.94360.5
Line Attenuation (dB)42.00.0
Transmit Power (dBm)17.00.1

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver RevisionA2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code4D54
Line ModeADSL_re-adsl
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)1413134
Margin (dB)11.210.0
Line Attenuation (dB)42.029.7
Transmit Power (dBm)19.610.8

This happened within 5 minutes, got disconnected twice. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: DSL connection drops randomly.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your internet connection. We would like to help out. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
mydslhelp777

Did everything you asked me to but i couldn't find the "my support case". Checked my verizon email ( which i used as primary email for this account ) - it's empty.

Edit: Nvm, it just shown up. found it now.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your line seems to be having a circuit related issue that is physical to the line itself. For your distance, going on attenuation you should be able to accomplish at least 3Mbps and your noise margins should be a lot higher. It's interesting to note that you are on Reach Extended ADSL, but that really shouldn't be a problem.

For this issue if you have access to your NID you may wish to try connecting up your modem to the NID's test jack to see if the Transceiver Statistics and speed are any better. If it has recently stormed and your NID is outdoors, you may also want to check the inside of the NID for moisture or water, as Verizon can come out to replace it since it should be a weatherproof box. Since the DSL service is poor during storms, you're most likely going to need a line tech to check the copper circuit for problems and water logging in the trunk.

In case you're interested on what a NID is: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning,

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

Tonya D.

0 Likes