DSL keeps getting 'optimized'
jkebxjunke

I am getting sick and tired of my DSL service getting optimized.   I suscribe to 3M service and for about 3 years or more it ran fine.. but now in the last 6 months or so it keeps getting cut... I have had repair out several times... says my lines test PERFECT... should be NO reason to be optimized or cut.  they get reset and all is fine for a while.. then it slows... also having another issue that on many days between 3-5 pm the service just dies... tech thinks its a capacity issue at the local central office.   no other service is avaible where I live... I pay for a service and I expect to get the service I pay for...  and no wireless is not an option.. that isanother joke.. maps says 4g is here and I am lucky sometimes to get ay signal anymore. 

how do I get them to STOP cutting my service?  

0 Likes
Re: DSL keeps getting 'optimized'
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Expect this to be a long and painful fight to find the right person, but...

Call in now, and ask them to disable the ASSIA Optimizer on your line. ASSIA here is the key word, as that is the name of the system in use to analyze and adjust line speeds. I have it disabled on my line, and it's been roughly 80 days since I've not seen it kick in. Holding 5Mbps solid in an otherwise "3Mbps only" area 🙂

0 Likes
jasonbay13
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have the same problem. and i've had verizon fix it 3 times. though each time took about 3 days to do.

first i'll call and the rep is convinced i want billing, but i am not. so i call again and they have no clue how to fix the issue and so they create a ticket which they will not do a thing to the line until they feel like it., which usually takes about 2-3 days.

yesterday i used the chat and asked to be sent a chat log to my email, which i never got. though i did save log myself.
and they said i would be called within 2 hours by a "tier 2" support. i never got a call, but a ticket is created so i cant even call to attempt getting this resolved.

there should be an online service to set up your own line.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jasonbay13 wrote:

i have the same problem. and i've had verizon fix it 3 times. though each time took about 3 days to do.

there should be an online service to set up your own line.

I proposed such an idea a few years ago for those paying towards the "Enhanced" DSL package to the idea board on this forum. Offer to let the customer pick what they want given the limits of their line and equipment rather than do all of the work using scripts and "best effort" provisioning. If the customer goofs up, they have no one to blame but themselves, and all Verizon has to do is reset the line to a stable speed. See how much liability that removes from Verizon? 🙂

As for getting ASSIA shut off, this takes not even 5 minutes. Logging a ticket internally to the correct department, does delay things a bit.

0 Likes