DSL & phone Double Package
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Ordered on 6-15-09 . Service start date sheduled 7-07-09. I still haven't received a modem/ spoke w/custormer service a couple times to let them know. Status page shows pending shipment 72 % ??  I was sent 5 filters/paperwork , but no modem free or otherwise.  4 more bussines days to ship and holidays ,,Bet the bill comes on time..thank you for looking
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL & phone Double Package
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
UPDATE; finally looks like it is ok. An agent changed my e-mail address & password,old ones locked for 6 months I think. So the e-mail/DSL 1MB works now. Resolved 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Update: Was told this morning my FREE Modem/Router  couldn't be shipped untill my line was activated ???? Then will overnight the modem. Has anyone dealt with this ????? 7-07-09 activation date still ok.
0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
UPDATE< 7-02-09.......Verizon service man shows up at my home. He says he's getting my DSL line activated , asked how it looked. OK, but no way would I get the 3MB dsl that I was sold  ,768 dsl should work. He couldn't believe that verizon didn't send me a modem ??? Is was late in the evening , 5pm told me he would come back today, Monday ?? I call customer service and they sat you should have already have your modem, tell me they are sorry and transfer me to someone I couldn't hardly understand. After waiting on hold, they didn't know when my free wireless modem would ship, but you will have it 7-07-09 ( I think ). Now I'll have to call Monday and get my plans changed. WHAT a mess.   
0 Likes
damsweet

Oh my gosh - If I didn't see  your name I would have thought I wrote this.  Exactly the same here.  I first got the box with the filters, then I called and told them I didn't get the disc or the quick start or the FREE modem.  They assured me it would be at my house in 2 days.  Three days later I got the disc and the quick start guide.  So I called once again to inquire about the modem.  In the beginning of the conversation they said it shipped that day, and at the end of the conversation they told me it was READY to ship.  They finally sent my modem  - then moved my activation date from 6/30 to 7/9.  When I called to see what the problem was they told me ( or at least I think they told me as I had a hard time understanding him) that I could go ahead and hook up my internet now.  I told him that the "whats next" site that they instructed me to go to told me NOT to hook up until my activation date.  He said they need me to hook up so that they could monitor to see if my line is working correctly.  I asked him if that meant that I would have high speed internet and he said not until 7/9 (which is my new activation date).  I asked him HOW they monitor if it was working correctly before that if I didn't even have it.  He couldn't give me an answer.  He just kept saying to go ahead and hook it up.  What a racket.  I'd call back but I'd get someone who I don't understand again, and be even more frustrated.  I'm on dial up now - so this better be worth all the hassle.  I did inquire as to when I would start being billed for this and they told me not until my activation date.  Good luck...I'll be watching to see how you make out.

0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Keep us posted,,,at least you got the modem. My filters came in a plastic bag. I've had this phone for 40 years and still can't be trusted to send me a modem. I have wireless DSL now, 768/500 , but the kind lady that signed me up told me 3MB was ready in my area??? Happy 4TH

0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
7-07-09 activation date today ,,,no modem from Verizon,,,,,what now
0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
How do I know if my line is activated....please someone...english please
0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
7--08-09......Still no modem,,,,,been told I would get one for weeks....9AM today they don't no if one is shipped / no tracking #
0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Still nothing. give them till Mon. , then will cancel all. Very poor service SO far..
0 Likes
Russell
Enthusiast - Level 2

That stinks. Sorry to hear that.

I ordered Verizon DSL/Phone on the 8th and have a service ready date of the 15th. Got the modem today.

0 Likes