DSL speeds bottoming out.
jjd76539

I have discussed this issue with the online techs.. The last two weeks speeds have dropped down and just completely bottom out . You can not watch videos with your service at this time.. From my understanding the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas has had issues for days. Hence I have access to the outages map. When is this going to be fixed is my question.  I want a straight answer.. I have worked for many telecommunications businesses so I know there is a problem .. And I do not appreciate online reps that are attempting to baffle me with **bleep**. And I know it is not their fault they do what bosses tell them to do.. So what is the timeframe of this issue being resolved since some of us have delt with it for weeks.

0 Likes
Re: DSL speeds bottoming out.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is only for the weekend or night time hours, correct? Or are the speed issues day and night?

0 Likes
Re: DSL speeds bottoming out.
jjd76539

When I say "Hence I have access to the outages map" Thats how I would know there was issues for a 100 mile radius..And I  am no stranger to telecommunications... Hence I have worked for Alcatel Lucent , Lucent /Bell Labs  before the Alcatel merger and have done special projects for a few Verizon competitors.. The issue appears to be somewhat fixed for now after 1000s of people called Verizon out on it.. The download speeds are still lower than when my service was first issued. But they are barley over what the said speed stated in my contract with Verizon. . And I have not tested my upload speeds yet hence I have not uploaded my monthly reports yet...  I got another 11 months of contract so we will see how this plays out during that time.. 

0 Likes