Does a Router Factory Reset Revert the Firmware?
DodgeT

When you do a factory reset on the actiontec v.I router, does it also revert back to the old original firmware? If so, will it automatically update to the latest firmware.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does a Router Factory Reset Revert the Firmware?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the current firmware stays. Also, if there is a new firmware available at Verizon backend, the router will download it and automatically install it.

Furthermore, Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I is End of Life and End of Support back in September 2020, all rental units are given to the customers free of charge for recycling. I would advise you to recycle your Actiontec router because it no longer receives security updates and likely lacks necessary performance.

View solution in original post

Re: Does a Router Factory Reset Revert the Firmware?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the current firmware stays. Also, if there is a new firmware available at Verizon backend, the router will download it and automatically install it.

Furthermore, Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I is End of Life and End of Support back in September 2020, all rental units are given to the customers free of charge for recycling. I would advise you to recycle your Actiontec router because it no longer receives security updates and likely lacks necessary performance.