Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Early termination
tampaipv6
Enthusiast

Don't suppose anyone has found a way to have an ETF voided?  I've had Fios service since early 2007 and am now moving to a location without Fios.  Last fall I dropped my TV services as I wasn't using them.  I made it quite clear to the rep on the phone when doing this that I would be moving once my new house was complete.  He said that would not be a problem.  I guess I should have gotten better clarification that "not a problem" really meant "not a problem to cancel and be charged an ETF later".  In any case, seems ridiculous to hit a customer of eight years such a fee, especially given the fact that I've only received a new piece of equipment once; I have certainly not cost Verizon money.

Phone rep had no interest in discussing it or escalating it; "that's our policy" over and over.

0 Likes
Re: Early termination
Telcoguru
Master

Did the rep sign you up for a new 2 year contract when you dropped your TV service?

0 Likes
tampaipv6
Enthusiast

Apparently, although it wasn't really conveyed to me clearly.  I made it clear to the rep I had a home under construction and planned to drop the service in a few months.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Super User
Super User

You probably got an email after you changed stating what you were getting.

0 Likes