FiOS in D.C.
Supernaut

I live in D.C. and was excited when Verizon contractors installed fiber cables in the alley behind my house in March 2010.  I have been waiting patiently for the service to be available for almost a year.  I can not get anyone at Verizon to give me a time frame of when I will be able to get the service.  Anyone have any ideas on when I can expect service or on how to push their hand?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS in D.C.
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try your local government body ... since Verizon would need franchise agreements to offer services like TV in your neighborhood, they would need obtain them thru the local governing body before anything would happen.   If they haven't yet applied or started negotiations on that -- you're a ways off yet (took almost 2 years for me and there's no saying when they would start that process).  If they've got the agreements, then the governing body would likely know when they were told it would be available.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS in D.C.
Supernaut

This is the city of D.C.  FiOS has been rolling out throughout the city so the agreements are in place.  Nearby neighborhoods have had their service turned on a few months after having the fiber laid.  I'm frustrated because I've been waiting almost a year and can literally touch the fiber line from my back porch. 

0 Likes