Fiber-optic install
cldaris

Verizon showed initiative in piggybacking our building's new fire alarm/sprinkler install to wire our building of 200+ households.  However there has been silence and downright evasiveness on when the new service would be connected.

Meanwhile, we are condemned to VDSL in the year 2017.  And I am paying more for my atrocious FIOs service than I did for years in my FIOs wired Arlington residence before I moved here.  

I do not understand the laxity, irresponsible customer service, and bad business acumen in Verizon's failure to exploit this market's potential and please its suffering community.  It is not without reason that Verizon has become an epithet in many circles.

When will we be connected?  And will we benefit from the price decreases that Verizon is reportedly offering FIOs customers in other newly enhanced markets?  Is anyone in Verizon Management listening?

0 Likes
Re: Fiber-optic install at 1101 S. Arlington Ridge Rd, Arlington VA
jonjones1
Legend

Sine this is a peer to peer forum of custmers, I would say to keep calling 1-800-VERIZON and ask why or when. No one here will have the correct answer.

0 Likes
Re: Fiber-optic install
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon luckily doesn't deploy the VDSL2 based installs of FiOS anymore except in super super extreme conditions. The speed tiers being sold by competitors are just too fast.

If the decision for VDSL deployments came from the Landlord, that would be why. Verizon will install the Fiber-based FiOS service if the landlord allows them to do any drilling and cabling work that is required. So it's worth having the landlord reach out to Verizon and consider having the FiOS service re-built in the complex.

Good luck!

0 Likes
cldaris

I guess I was not clear.  Verizon has installed last year fiberoptic throughout the building.  I have it just outside in my HVAC closet.  They won't hook it up, nor will they tell us when they will hook it up, let alone how much it will cost.  A most unpleasant enterprise to deal with

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah, got it. Sorry about misunderstand!

It might be worth trying to ask the VZDirect forum at DSLReports for some help. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect . Chances are good that they can either get a FAST request open to have the building serviced, if you let them know of the equipment. Take photos of the cabling and equipment!

cldaris

thank you for the advice.

0 Likes