Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
Telcoguru
Master

On 01/22/15 residential customers will now have the ability to have guest wifi, enhanced parental controls and the ability to manage the gateway from the MyFIOS app.

Re: Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
gs0b
Super User
Super User

Good news!  Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
deebeedee
Enthusiast

@Telcoguru wrote:

On 01/22/15 residential customers will now have the ability to have guest wifi, enhanced parental controls and the ability to manage the gateway from the MyFIOS app.


How can we manually upgrade to this firmware.

Because I dont know if they will really push this out tomorrow?

Is there a bugfix report to see what they fixed or added ?

PPTP does not work from smartphones (for example), I am keep to see if they have fixed it.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
Predator7
Specialist

@deebeedee wrote:

@Telcoguru wrote:

On 01/22/15 residential customers will now have the ability to have guest wifi, enhanced parental controls and the ability to manage the gateway from the MyFIOS app.


How can we manually upgrade to this firmware.

Because I dont know if they will really push this out tomorrow?

Is there a bugfix report to see what they fixed or added ?

PPTP does not work from smartphones (for example), I am keep to see if they have fixed it.


Just be patient!!not all new firmware are actually better than the previous one and Verizon will do the upgrade automatically.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
justin9875
Enthusiast

My Quantum Gateway updated itself Tuesday night. I see the new functions there but have not yet tried any of them, I really don't need any at this point. But the old functions in the upgraded software seem to be working just fine.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
cvb6214
Enthusiast

All my static IP entries disapppeared and the devices I want to have served a particular address from DHCP all got new addresses from the pool.  Port forwarding is still there for the entries I created.

Was there some update that wiped out the Static MAC to IP list?

Also I have never been able to totally remove a DHCP entry until the lease expires and the device is turned off.  So the router will not let me re-enter those static address rules until they age out of the database.  Is there a way to instantly remove a DHCP entry so I can set up the static ones again?

Re: Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
gs0b
Super User
Super User

@cvb6214 wrote:

Also I have never been able to totally remove a DHCP entry until the lease expires and the device is turned off.  So the router will not let me re-enter those static address rules until they age out of the database.  Is there a way to instantly remove a DHCP entry so I can set up the static ones again?


Yes.  In the DHCP connection list, find the entry of interest.  Click on the edit icon (the little pencil) for that entry.  On the edit screen,  check "static lease type."

At this point, you have two options:

  • Click "apply," after which the edit box will close and the list will re-appear.  The entry will now have a delete option ("x").
  • Edit the assigned IP address to the desired value.  Click "apply."  You'll need to cause the device to release and renew it's IP address.  This may involve a command, a reset, a power cycle or a WiFi disconnect / reconnect depending on the device.

Note this applies to the Quamtum router only.

Enjoy.

Re: Fios Quantum Gateway 1.1 Enhancements
toxicman
Enthusiast

And among other things, this update wiped out all my static address lease assignments!  Devistating!  Also was unable to restore my saved configuration.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/All-STATIC-DHCP-Assignments-wiped-out/...

0 Likes