Fios_Quantum_Gateway Router disconnects
tlg1261

For  the past 3 days my router has just stopped access to the internet (both wired and wireless), light goes red, and then after a minute or 2 the router basically reboots and allows internet access. Please advise if this is a router issue or a verizon service issue. This is becoming a very annoying issue as it drops off in the middle of access for teleworking or entertainment connections.

0 Likes
Re: Fios_Quantum_Gateway Router disconnects
tlg1261

Went through the web self help, going through the reset my Fios main switch to the house, no change 2 hours after the reset, I lost connection and the router rebooted on it own.

lost connection 5 times today. Around 12;30, 2:00, 4:30 8:15 and 9:30

0 Likes
Edrockvz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have a 3100 router? It's difficult to say if it's the router or something else without more info. Is this a new install? Did you recently swap to the 3100 and the issues started after the swap? First steps are to reset you ont. Usually, but not always, a white or black mounted box inside your home adjacent to the exterior wall where your outside Verizon box is. You have to unplug the inside box and disconnect the battery for 20 seconds, reconnect battery and plug back in. Then reset your router.

tlg1261

I have the Fios-G1100. I have the router for about two years and there are no changes to the setup. I ran the reset to the verizon box and I'm still having the issue. Multiple times again today.

0 Likes
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

I'm thinking it could be the router.

I've had my G1100 router for several years until it just quit on me a couple of weeks ago - same issues. I'm on the G3100 now (renting to make sure it works), and seems to be ok.

Do you have a coax or ethernet cable connected to your router?

If ethernet, you can try bypassing the router to test, maybe with a different router or a switch? (with TV, that's a few other steps , but dealing with internet only here).

If coax, might have to ask for a replacement router (even a G3100) to validate. If you can pick one up, should be relatively quick (try doing the order via phone before going into store). Still quicker in spite of the wait.