Fios agent advised in person and internet not working
shmevan18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wrote the following letter to the FiOs agent that basically sold me my service (in-person in an apartment complex). He advised me to send a letter so that he could follow up and take care of my issue.  To date (5 months later) the only thing resolved is the price I'm paying, which is still about $20/month more than I was quoted. I have been waiting to be contacted for at least an apology, but still nothing.

On 11/5/14 I arrived home from work and found that my internet was not working. It being late at night, I left it for the next day.  I got home the next day from work and noticed it still was not working and attempted to reset the router, which did not work.  The next morning (11/7/14) the problem persisted, so I contacted Verizon customer service.

After approximately 30 minutes on hold, I was connected with Saul at customer service, who informed me that there was a cancel order on my account for my internet service. I informed him that this was not something I ordered and asked why this was done. He had no answer for me.  After an additional half an hour of trying to reactivate my cancelled service, Saul then asked me if I was happy with my internet service, which is the lowest speed offered by Verizon, or if I would like to upgrade to better service for more money. I informed him that I would appreciate him not trying to sell me something when I am clearly already displeased with Verizon’s service.

Saul then informed me that it would likely take several hours for my service to be reconnected. He informed me that none of my promotions were still in effect, but all fees would be waived and that my bill would not change.

I asked to be transferred to his supervisor immediately.  An additional 15 minutes or so on hold and I was handed off to a woman who supposedly is Saul’s supervisor (I did not catch her name).  After explaining the situation to her and asking for an explanation as to why my service was cancelled without my knowledge or authorization in the first place, I again got no answer. When I explained how offended I was that despite my lack of involvement in this unwarranted service cancellation, that Verizon customer service wanted to get more money out of me, she responded with “Well he is just doing his job.” I told her that I, a BRAND NEW FiOS customer, was very displeased with the service, only 1 month in to my contract. Her response was “I am very sorry, is there anything else I can help you with?” Knowing that this is a customer service representative's way to end a call, I hung up, because clearly there was nothing else they wanted to do for me.

After close to 2 hours on the phone, and additional 2 hours of waiting on my day off, my internet was finally back up and running. 

My monthly bill is supposed to be $92.07, as per my order summary and 10/21/14 statement. When looking today (11/28/14) at my bill online, I see that it has doubled to $185.65, with multiple service change fees as well as an additional $35.99 in monthly fees. 

For over 25 years, I and my family have been Cablevision/Optimum customers, and in this time have never had a single issue. When I moved out of my parent's house this past September, I had every intention of using Optimum as my cable/internet provider, only to find out my apartment building only has Comcast and FiOs available. Despite numerous friends and family members advisements against Verizon due to their customer service (including more than 1 instance of 'suck you in with a great deal - somehow change your service and lose your deal a few months later') I went with Verizon due to a seemingly great deal.

I am extremely displeased with Verizon FiOS thus far into my service.

Re: Fios agent advised in person and internet not working
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Replies from the appropriate department can take two business days. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service
shmevan18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Big surprise, no response still!

0 Likes
Re: Fios agent advised in person and internet not working
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shmevan18,

Thanks for letting us know.  We have let the team know you are still waiting for a reply.

0 Likes