Fios cable
Sn-FV

I had a landscaper cut fios cable while digging.  Verizon technician came to check it out and agreed that the cable wasn't dug deep enough and accepted responsibility.  Few weeks later, Verizon sent a $550 bill to the landscaping company for the damages.  The landscaping company turned around and sent me the bill.  I tried calling the number that was on the bill and it's not Verizon but a third party company that collects the money.  There is no way to reason with these folks as their job is to collect the money and won't hear me out at all.  When I call Verizon billing, they say they have nothing to do with that aspect of the billing.  Who in Verizon can I contact to address my question and concerns?  It seems like Verizon hires outside technician to do repair and another company that does their billing and they basically wash their hands off of all of it.  However, my contract is with Verizon and I can't find anyone in the company is able or willing to address my concerns and this hefty bill I was handed.  Any help is greatly appreciated.d

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Fios cable
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A quick side question...Was Dig Safe contacted to mark buried utilities before the landscaper started their work?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sn-FV,

Assuming Claims Management Resources (CMR) is the company you are referencing, it is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

Sn-FV

Yes.

0 Likes
Sn-FV

Hi

i have contacted CMR.  They basically say it was damaged and you have to pay.  I explained how the technician who assessed the damaged accepted that the cable was not buried deep enough and they say he was not in the position to say that!  What’s strange is that the expert who was there to fix the issue was not in the position to say that, yet CMR who just does claim processing tells me we are at fault for damaging the cable.

Thanks 

0 Likes