Fix It Yourself
VznPal

This is the second time I've run into this issue - and it's 2 too many. I've got a service interruption, so I go through all the steps with some guy in another country... unplug...count to tirty... blah blah blah... finally they decide to check the connection. You can't see the ONT? Shocking...

The trouble comes when they decide it's time to send a tech - they refuse to schedule a tech if I'm not going to be there... after we JUST established the problem is on their end. Like any good American, I work for a living and do not intend to take a day off to wait around for the cable guy... So now I must find the time during the day to call the US support line and politely request that some common sense be applied to this matter. Sigh... I don't even have time to call and scream about the bills I've been getting now that I'm an 'out of contract' infadel... 

Hopefully, there is a useful CSR that reads these posts... as this seems to be one of my only ways of sending you a message. Please keep in mind... I have a Surfboard and some RG6 and I'm not afraid to use 'em.

-Tony

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fix It Yourself
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi VznPal,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

This is a customer helping customers forum.

like any company if you need a service visit you must accommodate them.

this is reasonable if you work or not. You could leave a person at your home be it a friend or relative who can sit there just in case they need access to your home.

or have them scheduled a Saturday visit if one is available.

the thread gets locked because you are asking for help that customers just cannot give you. I am not going to replace your ONT or run ethernet or coaxial 😀

work with fios and not against them if you want your service repaired.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I’m not sure if you ONT is outside or inside the house. But even if your ONT is outside the problem could be with the power wire or the power supply which is inside. So then a tech would need to get in. They don’t want to send someone out for no reason.  

0 Likes