Frustrated customer
SG3107

I have been a customer of Verizon since 2006. Recently, my husband and I moved to our new place in the same city. We moved on July 31st, and two weeks prior (on July 15) I called Verizon and requested that my phone and DSL service be moved to our new location. I was given a date of July 28. I made arrangements to work from home that day, but on July 28, we received an email that said "Your revised estimated Service Ready Date is Dec 31, 9999"

When I called customer service, I was told that they had no available dates until Aug 18. This was way more time than i had expected, but  had no alternative, so accepted that date. FAst forward to Aug 18, and we receive another email saying that because of the strike, they cannot complete our order, and that they will get in touch with us regarding our new service ready date. After the strike ended, I called customer service yet again. This time, I spent nearly an hour with a confused customer serivce agent who told me that the system was showing that my order was completed. She then tried to cancel my order and place a new one, and gave me a new date for service to resume which was October 20, 2011. I am speechless.

I had not expected this level of unprofessional service form a multi-billion dollar corporation like Verizon. I cannot believe I have to wait more than three months for a simple serice of moving my exisitng connection to a new location.This is an example of how Verizon treats its long-time customers, who have not missed a single payment in five years.

Please advise me as to what I should do in this situation.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated customer
barnbiketom
Enthusiast - Level 3

unbelievable huh?? believe it. their support sucks, and they don't care.. I'm waiting to hear back from time werner about the roadrunner servide. I've had nothing but  problems from the start and after 6 months and many many hours, the billing address is still incorrect, my desktop devices stopped working and verizon wants to "CHARGE" me to tell me how to redo the setings whicch i believe THEY  purposefully changed.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry for the delay in getting installed. I have sent you a private message to get more information and to look into this.

0 Likes
SG3107

Ok, so half my problem is solved. I had a technician come in and install my phone last Thursday, but my DSL is still not up and runnign. i was told by the technician that I need to call Verizon again for the DSL. After spending a few more hours with customer service reps, i was told that my DSL order has been cancelled.

I am so beyond frustrated. I cannot work from home without an internet connection.

Now what?

0 Likes