G1100 Quantum Router May Need DHCP Lease Release if Power Light Glows Steady Red
MarkFajfar

When I installed a new G1100 Quantum Router, it would not connect to the internet, and the power light glowed a steady red.

Solution:  you must first release the DHCP lease on your old router before installing the G1100 Quantum Router.  (Sadly, this is not explained in any of the instructions).

How to release the DHCP lease on the Actiontec MI424-WR router:

1.  Before doing anything to install the new router, go to the admin web page for your old router. 

2.  Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.

3.  Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.

4.  Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.

5.  Click SETTINGS

6.  Click RELEASE

7.  Click APPLY

8.  Disconnect the old router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

Now you will be able to install the new G1100 Quantum Router following the instructions provided.

Again, shame on Verizon for not providing this information on any of the web pages for the new router, or in the manual itself.  I had to go to dslreports to find this information. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G1100 Quantum Router May Need DHCP Lease Release if Power Light Glows Steady Red
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disconnecting or powering off the old router for a couple of hours will release the dhcp address too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: G1100 Quantum Router May Need DHCP Lease Release if Power Light Glows Steady Red
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disconnecting or powering off the old router for a couple of hours will release the dhcp address too.

0 Likes
carolm123

The worked for me. Thank you. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes