Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
G1100 Resetting When Shut off. Giving up on Fios soon...
bszen27
Enthusiast

I have a very peculiar situation that Fios tech support has not been able to assist with, so I am wondering if anyone can provide suggestions for me. I am on my 3rd G1100 and whenever I unplug the device (or there is a power outage), it literally resets EVERYTHING. So yes, the entire device resets to when I received it with the original login. I just so happen to live in an area that has an outtage once a month, so you can imagine the frustration I am having. Beyond that, I have a smart home with wifi cameras, so all the fixed IPs and setup are basically down the drain when this happens. Just the concept of not being able to unplug the G1100 without it resetting is mind-blowing to me, by the way.

Now, the first suggestion I get as a workaround is to save the router config, which I have done countless times. The problem is that when I load the config after this router reset, about 95% of the time it either fails or just brings my wifi settings back. The other 5% of the time, I am lucky enough to get my 25 fixed IPs back named correctly and organized. Normally I just give up after 5 attempts to load the config and restart the process of fixing the IPs from scratch. So frustrating.

So obviously, the go-to option for the tech guys is to replace the router, but clearly that isn't the issue when I am on my 3rd. Where I go from here, either than leaving Fios, is a mystery. I should be able to set up my router/modem and forget it, not deal with all of this insanity. Just for informational purposes, I have cable/DVR/phone etc. and everything works fine. I also have the Network Extender on the other side of the house.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: G1100 Resetting When Shut off. Giving up on Fios soon...
jonjones1
Legend

@bszen27 wrote:

I have a very peculiar situation that Fios tech support has not been able to assist with, so I am wondering if anyone can provide suggestions for me. I am on my 3rd G1100 and whenever I unplug the device (or there is a power outage), it literally resets EVERYTHING. So yes, the entire device resets to when I received it with the original login. I just so happen to live in an area that has an outtage once a month, so you can imagine the frustration I am having. Beyond that, I have a smart home with wifi cameras, so all the fixed IPs and setup are basically down the drain when this happens. Just the concept of not being able to unplug the G1100 without it resetting is mind-blowing to me, by the way.

Now, the first suggestion I get as a workaround is to save the router config, which I have done countless times. The problem is that when I load the config after this router reset, about 95% of the time it either fails or just brings my wifi settings back. The other 5% of the time, I am lucky enough to get my 25 fixed IPs back named correctly and organized. Normally I just give up after 5 attempts to load the config and restart the process of fixing the IPs from scratch. So frustrating.

So obviously, the go-to option for the tech guys is to replace the router, but clearly that isn't the issue when I am on my 3rd. Where I go from here, either than leaving Fios, is a mystery. I should be able to set up my router/modem and forget it, not deal with all of this insanity. Just for informational purposes, I have cable/DVR/phone etc. and everything works fine. I also have the Network Extender on the other side of the house.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.


Quickest solution is go to Best Buy or another electronics store and buy an APC battery back up device. I use the higher end ones which cost over $100+ but I have my routers plugged into them as well as my 4K tv and cordless phones and other computer devices that stay on during power spikes or outages.

www.apc.com I believe is the company web page.

I can swear by them. 

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: G1100 Resetting When Shut off. Giving up on Fios soon...
MrMatthew1
Contributor

Hi bszen27,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes