G1100 with gigabit service and TV: looking for instructions to add ASUS RT 5300 router
jdri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm looking for instructions on how to add this gigabit router (ASUS RT 5300) to the system.   I've seen some older posts/closed threads and was hoping somone can advise as to the the latest and best way to enable the new router to provide connectivity including keeping my TV functionality. 

My G1100 was hard-wired from the main input black box (basement) by the technician when upgrading to gigabit.

My goal is:

• hardwire my laptop via Cat6 gigabit cable from the ASUS RT 5300
  • hardwire gigabit switch via Cat6 gigabit cable to connect (Roku, android TV, FireStick) from the ASUS RT 5300
  • wireless optimum speed for multiple devices

Any specific guidance is appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G1100 with gigabit service and TV: looking for instructions to add ASUS RT 5300 router
jonjones1
Legend

@jdri wrote:

I'm looking for instructions on how to add this gigabit router (ASUS RT 5300) to the system.   I've seen some older posts/closed threads and was hoping somone can advise as to the the latest and best way to enable the new router to provide connectivity including keeping my TV functionality. 

My G1100 was hard-wired from the main input black box (basement) by the technician when upgrading to gigabit.

My goal is:

• hardwire gigabit switch via Cat6 gigabit cable to connect (Roku, android TV, FireStick) from the ASUS RT 5300

Go here https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

try section 3.1 many options.

Hope that helped?

View solution in original post

Re: G1100 with gigabit service and TV: looking for instructions to add ASUS RT 5300 router
jonjones1
Legend

@jdri wrote:

My goal is:

Go here https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

try section 3.1 many options.

Hope that helped?