Re: G3100 Not work issue/bug
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt the engineering would add this feature. NAT hairpinning is not a standardized feature recommended by any RFCs, and using this feature adds inefficiencies to a network.

You have not answered on my previous question. When you can establish a straight forward link connection, why do you want to add a third device to route the traffic?

0 Likes
hitnrun30

Did you ever figure this out.  I have 2 test domains through NO-IP and externally if I use the URL no problems.  Internally with the url no luck.

I did what was instructed which is add a DNS Server entries for my sites, and add NO-IP info for the sites in Dynamic DNS.  Everything else I have tried does not work.  Hoping you have more insight. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where did you add that DNS entry? On G3100? Or on your computer?

Could you screenshot the Static DNS page on G3100? With your URL partially blurred out to protect privacy.

0 Likes
hitnrun30

On the G3100, see below

0 Likes
hitnrun30

Any help would really be helpful

0 Likes
hitnrun30

Something weird I just noticed today.  If I go on my phone I have no issue connecting to my internal website, but on my wired machine there is an issue.  I am going to have to check on other devices but see if you use a mobile device if the site opens.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you have a faulty Intel NIC on the wired devices. The recent IPv6 rollout may have triggered it to appear.

0 Likes