Got phone service, but now being told DSL not available
MeowNet

I recently moved to an apartment on a property with 3 buildings. It took 2 service visits to hook up my home phone due to cables needing to be connected in my apartment, the utility room, and in a 'manhole'. That is all set now.

I want to order DSL, but am being told it is not available to me. Please escalate this question, because I'm 'spitting distance' (okay, if I walk 1/2 block then spit...) from the Verizon building that both technicians who came to work on installing phone line said is the origin for dsl service in my town. They had thought I would be able to install DSL. But I've been though the online ordering process a few times to no avail.

I'd even be happy if I could pay to use a verizon hotspot in the area - at the moment I'm using my phone as a hotspot to meet my internet needs and am pleasantly surprised how well that is working considering the number of devices I'm connecting to it (fire tv, printer, echo echo echo, 2 computers). However, that means when my phone leaves the apartment, so does the connectivity.

I suspect that my apartment, my building, really can get DSL service... but it might take a more experienced eye to figure out why the 'system' is saying it's not available at my address. Or maybe Verizon is getting ready to pilot a wifi-without-cords product and would like a software engineer to be one of thier beta testers?

Please help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Got phone service, but now being told DSL not available
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MeowNet,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes