High speed expanded internet t only getting 0.38 upload speed
cali_gurl

I need at least 0.60 upload speed for my new job so i switched isp to Verizon for the expanded highspeed which was supposed to cover that speed (3.84 - 7.84 kpbs they advertise) i need for Hd live stream. when i first set it up it was high enough  but now  it is consistently down to 0.39. I have spoken to 3 robotic online techs who try and tell me this is the fastest i can get in my area and that is a good spped and it is not- on speedtest.net my upload speed of 1.29 mbps and 0.39 mpbs rate a grade of F!

Fios is not available in my part of l.a  yet but they have it the next neighboorhood oover in snata monica.

No one will help me fix the problem. When i spoke to billing they said it looked like there was some kind of problem blocking my line but these techs i spoke with can't find it and just go through the script they are taught i suppose.

can anyone help? my laptop is only a year old and i connect directly to ethernet cable. i defragged and clean computer but no change.

Help or i am going to have ti try and switch to ATT U verse. My modem is an Actiontech.

HELP

0 Likes
Re: High speed expanded internet t only getting 0.38 upload speed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chances are slim if you're in a Verizon area that AT&T U-Verse would be available. AT&T and Verizon typically don't overbuild on each other except in very few, specific circumstances. Besides, I personally wouldn't order U-Verse due to their 300GB/m data cap. DSL Resellers are always an option, but whether or not they can deliver the desired speed is up to the line, up to their equipment or more often than not, up to Verizon.

For this issue, you may have been "optimized" if you saw the speed you desire earlier. Would you be willing to supply your modem Transceiver Statistics? If you're not sure how to get this, please let me know what your modem make and model is.

0 Likes
cali_gurl

A friend recommend I switch to cable internet from time warner  and  i put in order but i am still losing money until i can get that setup so i want to find out  what can be done about what i have now.

I dont know where to find those stats you asked for _ i went to 192. 168.1.1 but didnt see that listed. I have an action tec gt-784wnv

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you visit 192.168.1.1, visit "Status" found at the top of the page, and then choose "WAN Status" or "DSL Status." I don't directly recall which is the right page as it's been forever since I've turned my GT784WNV on, but you'll find the statistics I'm looking for. You're looking for terms like attenuation, speed, mode, SN Margin, etc.

0 Likes