How do I get someone to setup my account!!!
tls7

I signed up for Verizon High-Speed Internet over a week ago.  This is horribly unfortunate, but I was forced to do so because it is the only option available at my apartment complex.  It was supposed to be activated last Friday, Dec. 10.  It is still not activated.  The router turns on, the lights come on, and the DSL light just flashes repeatedly, but there is no internet connection.  I have called the support line at least once, usually multiple times, every day for the past six days.  Usually, I am put on hold for 20+ minutes, and then hung up on.  On the rare occasions that I get someone on the phone, they tell me that there is a ticket created for my account, and I will be called by a technician in order to fix this mysterious problem (which changes every time I talk to them), at a certain time.  I never receive a call back, ever.  Then, when I call them, no one seems to have any idea that I already explained all the problems to someone else, and the entire process starts over again until I am either hung up on or told that I will be called, which again, never happens.  The customer service of this company is far and away the most incompetent I have ever encountered, and it is not even close. 

I could go on forever on this, but I really just have one question.  How do I get someone to actually come set up the internet?!?  Obviously, calling the tech support line is doing nothing but burning my cell phone minutes 30 at a time until they decide to hang up on me.  I am positive at this point that if I just wait on them to figure it out, my account will sit in limbo for eternity, and I will finish my one-year lease without ever having the internet installed.  It gets expensive going to Starbucks every night just so I don't lose my job, so any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: How do I get someone to setup my account!!!
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

I apologize for the inconvenience. Your DSL service, is it Phone and internet, or just internet? If it's both, do you have dialtone and are you able to place calls?

0 Likes
tls7

It is just internet.  I have been trying to figure out how I can get someone to activate the account or send a technician to see what the problem is for over a week, and I keep getting sent in circles without getting any actual help.  I've been told the account is pending, but no one seems to be able to figure out the reason why.  I just want to get the service started ASAP, as I need the internet for employment.  How can I just get someone scheduled to actually work on this issue? 

0 Likes
jack123z
Enthusiast - Level 2

i suggest you ask for a supervisor the next time you call so they can better explain whats going with your dsl order

0 Likes