How do you block a VPN from network
Bubbaj1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Verizon Fios for over a year along with Verizon Wireless for over 2 years. I have a teenage son who I have a profile set up under the parental controls where I turn on and off the Wi-Fi for his devices. he has added a VPN to his devices and now seems to have Wi-Fi and internet access all the time no matter if I have his profile on a pause and his devices blocked. I am looking for information on how to block the VPN from accessing my network when I turn his profile off.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you block a VPN from network
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The parental block doesn't care if traffic is VPN or not.  All traffic should be stopped.

The controls do vary a bit by router model, so it will be helpful to know what router you have.

Is it possible he is using someone else's WiFi? If you're not sure, unplug the router and see if he complains.  If he doesn't he's not using your network.  Then it's time to implement some old-fashioned non-electronic parental controls.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The parental block doesn't care if traffic is VPN or not.  All traffic should be stopped.

The controls do vary a bit by router model, so it will be helpful to know what router you have.

Is it possible he is using someone else's WiFi? If you're not sure, unplug the router and see if he complains.  If he doesn't he's not using your network.  Then it's time to implement some old-fashioned non-electronic parental controls.

Bubbaj1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you I will have to try Unplugging the router and seeing what his response is. I have thought about him being on someone else’s WiFi as well so that is a possibility and I will have to look into it. 

Thanks

0 Likes
CCinDC1

ExpressVPN Traffic passes through the router without being blocked. The said teen can surf to any site anonymous to the router. Not sure why this answer is valid.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes