How long it take to be upgraded to a higher speed?
ccharris3

Hi, yesterday we upgraded internet speed from the HSI(.5-1.1 Mbps) plan to the HSI Enhanced(3.1-7 Mbps) through verizon.com, and we wondering how long it would take for our new internet speeds to take effect.  It says installation date is on Thursday, but I assumed it shouldn't take that long(I've heard it should take up to 24 hours).  I mean we're not getting anything installed, just our speed upgraded. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: How long it take to be upgraded to a higher speed?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've seen Verizon take up to one week to process a DSL Speed change. Post back if the speed does not increase by your "Order Service" date.

0 Likes
KWA1
Enthusiast - Level 3

A speed upgrade such as yours may require moving you to different equipment. This is to a "push of the button" change. As "smith6612" mentioned, it could take as much as a week for the new equipment to be provisioned and wired in the central office.

0 Likes
KWA1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry. That should read "is not a push of the button change".

0 Likes
ccharris3

Well, it stated "Complete Your Self Install by 6/29", but I assumed their was nothing to install since I already have a router. Do I have to reset my router? And now with the date already passed, now it says "Our records indicate that your installation has not been completed. If you feel you need assistance please call 1-800-Verizon." 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of the time it is just a push of a button  🙂

0 Likes