How to switch to aol
englishmuffin39

Hello,

I hope someone can help this 70yr old senior, as I am not too good at this computer age.

I recently moved and had to change my provider.

I have  Verizon/Yahoo, I do not care for Verizon, and have been using Yahoo as my homepage.

I recently found out that I could have free AOL through Verizon and use that as my homepage, I had AOL awhile back, and I liked it (some may disagree) I have a small business to supplement my social security, and I still have business cards with my AOL e-mail address, I want to switch then I wouldn't have to have the cards printed again.

However how do I make the switch from Verizon/Yahoo to Verizon/AOL, do I have to telephone Verizon which I am trying to avoid because of the length of time they keep you on hold after going through the menu., or can some kind person out there know how I could do it myself.

I will thank you in advance!! and have a Good Day!!

0 Likes
Re: How to switch to aol
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do not know for sure, but I think I do.

#1 Go directly to https://www.verizon.net/central/appmanager/portal/vzcentral

#2 Log-in as need be

#3 Go to My Account.

#4 It will tell you what your Online Experience is, next to that click Change.

#5 Select AOL (if that offered).

Note: It might not be offered, based upon your location. As noted on http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiosinternet/general+support/essentials+and+extras/question...

#6 Press Submit,

0 Likes
Re: How to switch to aol
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@englishmuffin39 wrote:

Hello,

I hope someone can help this 70yr old senior, as I am not too good at this computer age.

I recently moved and had to change my provider.

I have  Verizon/Yahoo, I do not care for Verizon, and have been using Yahoo as my homepage.

I recently found out that I could have free AOL through Verizon and use that as my homepage, I had AOL awhile back, and I liked it (some may disagree) I have a small business to supplement my social security, and I still have business cards with my AOL e-mail address, I want to switch then I wouldn't have to have the cards printed again.

However how do I make the switch from Verizon/Yahoo to Verizon/AOL, do I have to telephone Verizon which I am trying to avoid because of the length of time they keep you on hold after going through the menu., or can some kind person out there know how I could do it myself.

I will thank you in advance!! and have a Good Day!!

Well, a couple of things.

1. You dont have to do anything to keep your AOL email. AOL offers free email. So you dont even have to make any changes to your Verizon if you want to keep AOL.

2. Your Homepage has nothing to do with your service. You can make it anything you want. Again, no changes to Verizon is needed.

3. If you dont like the Verizon email. There is nothing that says you have to use it. 🙂   Use what ever Email system you want. Like you said, you like the AOL, so use AOL. Its free and you dont have to do anything with Verizon to make it work.