I am being charged the $12 monthly rental fee for my own personal router I purchased new online.
BoundBrookGirl

Hello,

I purchased a new Gateway Router online. It was new and sealed in the box. I returned my old router back to fios. When I installed the new router, I called Fios and they activated it with no issue. 

Now 2 months later I am still being charged the $12 monthly rental fee. When I called Verizon today they said I was being charged because the router was still listed as under Rental in the verizon system. They said the person I purchased it from had it under rental. 

Wouldn't verizon charge that customer for unreturned equipment? I asked that and they said they don't know who had it before me. Doesn't Verizon log the serial number? I asked this and was told there was no way Verizon could know who had the router before? Something doesn't make any sense. It was a new router sealed in the box. All the rep kept saying was you should buy it directly from Verizon to avoid this issue. 

Something doesn't make sense here. I can't believe that Verizon doesn't have a record of who the router originally was sent to? How do I know it wasn't paid off or that Verizon isn't also charging them the monthly rental fee? Why didn't the rep I spoke to when I installed it tell me anything?

Dissapointed again...

0 Likes
Re: I am being charged the $12 monthly rental fee for my own personal router I purchased new online.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BoundBrookGirl,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes