I am charged for full month when cancelled my services due to move
sushil1

Hello,

I moved and FIOS wasn't setup at the new address and when I cancelled on 02/08, while my billing cycle was 02/06,  Verizon charged me for full month and when i talked to customer service, i was told there is no prorated charges but they would charge for full month.  

Is that expected by such a big company to charge their customers like this?

0 Likes
Re: I am charged for full month when cancelled my services due to move
sushil1

Just for usage for 2 days, i am being charged for full month.  Is that legitimate?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@sushilwrote:

Just for usage for 2 days, i am being charged for full month.  Is that legitimate?

Yes that is the way Verizon operates.

however what you paid for you can use up to the next bill closing date.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They certainly prorated some of the services on my bill when I moved.  Did take them a time before they sent me my refund.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2wrote:

They certainly prorated some of the services on my bill when I moved.  Did take them a time before they sent me my refund.

Many years ago and I mean many years I had DSL and of course when I moved to a new place the telephone company never refunded me. I am not positive but I don’t think it was like today. Today you are paying in advance and not actual service.

today with the pay one month in advance I always cancel prior to my next start date.

so my final bill was zero. But that was many years ago.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjoneswrote:

@tns2wrote:

.... Today you are paying in advance and not actual service.

Yes, those items that were paid in advance were those prorated and ended up as credits.  I don't remember what but somethings were not paid in advance and those things were new charges.  Ended up with a Credit and was paid about three months later.  I did have to call and make sure they had my new address, as they we originally were preparing to send it to my old address.

0 Likes
SEO1
Enthusiast - Level 1

ME TOO. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

See article 10 of the Residential Terms of Service.

service is through the end of the billing month. It mentions no prorata of monies back.

customers should use the service up to the end date. Just make sure you have a confirmed termination date prior to the next months cycle.

https://www.verizon.com/about/terms-conditions/residential-terms-service

0 Likes
Dimitry1

I was just informed of the same. Verizon charges you for the service you didn't use. Deplorable way to treat your customers. I'm going to be writing a complaint to BBB and to consumer protection agency as a matter of principle. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Dimitry wrote:

I was just informed of the same. Verizon charges you for the service you didn't use. Deplorable way to treat your customers. I'm going to be writing a complaint to BBB and to consumer protection agency as a matter of principle. 

I understand your anger. But they will also point out the written policy.

its a business devision. I always leave between the paid month. Say August 1 through 31st. closing date. Then you owe them nothing and you are owed nothing.

0 Likes