I lose the internet every time the phone rings...???
Rockyhunter82

I lose the internet everytime the phone rings.  I have the regular high speed internet that runs off the phone line.  Does anyone know what I need to do to solve this problem, or why it happens?  It is REALLY annoying!!!   Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: I lose the internet every time the phone rings...???
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are all telephone connected devices, including satellite receivers and alarm systems behind DSL filters, or is the DSL filtered in a central location? If everything is absolutely, positively filtered besides the DSL modem, then you could have a bad filter somewhere, a short that is created during the time the phone rings, or even a bad half ringer attached to your line.

Start off by checking all of the devices attached to your phone line. The filters should be installed correctly, not backwards, and no device should give static when it is off the hook. Any further fixes will likely require a Verizon tech to figure out.

0 Likes
ml210

cordless phone is 1.3GHz

DSL modem is 1.3 GHz

Switch your cordless phones out with DECT 6 Ghz phones

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ml2 wrote:

cordless phone is 1.3GHz

DSL modem is 1.3 GHz

Switch your cordless phones out with DECT 6 Ghz phones

Just a small correction. Cordless phones = 2.4Ghz along with the DSL modems. DECT6 phones are 1.9Ghz. At 6Ghz the phone would be useless in much of your home.

0 Likes