Internet Issues
Swoods11

I have Verizon with DSL and usually have download speed of 8 Mbps but the last week it is now peaking at 3 Mbps. The internet will also randomly cut out and come back on itself. Verizon just tell me I need to buy a new modem, it is 4 years old. Do I need a new modem or is it their network?

thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Issues
jonjones1
Legend

@Swoods1 wrote:

I have Verizon with DSL and usually have download speed of 8 Mbps but the last week it is now peaking at 3 Mbps. The internet will also randomly cut out and come back on itself. Verizon just tell me I need to buy a new modem, it is 4 years old. Do I need a new modem or is it their network?

thanks.

Verizon is closing out their copper so DSL will be spotty or dead in most cases.

they will try to get you to the better technology of fiber (Fios) if available. If they don't have it available you might want to look into another service provider

0 Likes
Re: Internet Issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Swoods1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes