Internet Security Suite
foelster

Have been trying to re-install VISS, and according to the checklist, I have the minimum requirements of running Windows XP, am running SP3, my system says I have 512 of RAM (yet the checklist shows i have only 511, but checklist shows I only need 256 RAM), and at least 1 Gig processor (which I have)

Anybody have ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet Security Suite
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm a bit confused here as to what is being asked. If your system is showing 511MB of RAM over 512MB of RAM that is installed, what you might be seeing here is in fact reserved memory for vital system functions such as BIOS caching, or if you have Integrated video, some memory reserved to allow the video chipset to work. It's quite common.

Are you having problems installing VISS again to your computer?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@foelster wrote:

Have been trying to re-install VISS, and according to the checklist, I have the minimum requirements of running Windows XP, am running SP3, my system says I have 512 of RAM (yet the checklist shows i have only 511, but checklist shows I only need 256 RAM), and at least 1 Gig processor (which I have)

Anybody have ideas?

Hello,

I believe they may have updated the VISS minimum system requirements as of 10/22/12.  

Try going to verizon.mcafee.com and:

• check the 'FAQs and Search' for 'Minimum system requirements for Verizon Internet Security Products' and 'How to prepare your computer to download and install Internet Security Suite',
  • try the McAfee Virtual Technician,
  • go to 'Standard Technical Support' for additional guidance.

For Windows XP, it shows 512 MB of RAM.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm a bit confused here as to what is being asked. If your system is showing 511MB of RAM over 512MB of RAM that is installed, what you might be seeing here is in fact reserved memory for vital system functions such as BIOS caching, or if you have Integrated video, some memory reserved to allow the video chipset to work. It's quite common.

Are you having problems installing VISS again to your computer?

0 Likes
foelster

Thanks to both of you. Appears that my PC is too old to accomodate VISS. Guess I'll have to continue on a wing and a "etc".Specifically, since VISS has determined that I have only 511 MB RAM, then 1 MB Ram is reserved as described below, and I can't tink of a way around it. If I ever do, will revert.

0 Likes