Internet / TV / phone disconnecting at same time every day
Peter001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, yesterday around 2:30PM internet, tv, phone go out. Gateway router shows red globe, ONT box shows green light on “system”. Powered off both ONT and router same results. I did Verizon web-troubleshooting that did not help. Spent over an hour to get connected with “tech support” over chat who basically asked me to restart ont and router and had no other suggestions. This did not help. About 30 minutes later everything comes back, tv internet phone. Today about same time everything out again and about an hour later all back online. What can be causing this daily outage?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet / TV / phone disconnecting at same time every day
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It seems like the problem has to be located above the router (that is ONT and incoming connection).

Since you mentioned "red globe," I am assuming you have Quantum Gateway G1100, am I right on this guessing? Red globe indicates faulty WAN connection. It needs to be traced to the ONT because the phone and TV signals are also demodulated by the ONT from the fiber. The incoming connection can be a problem also. But, we don't have control over the incoming fiber.

I also suggest you to check the router's System Log to see if there is any abnormalities. This can be accessed via the Gateway Web configuration interface.

If you have more questions, please ask.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It seems like the problem has to be located above the router (that is ONT and incoming connection).

Since you mentioned "red globe," I am assuming you have Quantum Gateway G1100, am I right on this guessing? Red globe indicates faulty WAN connection. It needs to be traced to the ONT because the phone and TV signals are also demodulated by the ONT from the fiber. The incoming connection can be a problem also. But, we don't have control over the incoming fiber.

I also suggest you to check the router's System Log to see if there is any abnormalities. This can be accessed via the Gateway Web configuration interface.

If you have more questions, please ask.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your ONT only shows a "System" light lit green? Is FAIL lit, or are NWRK, MGMT, DATA all out?

Peter001
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
Peter001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mgmt blinking green, carrier blinking yellow, 1000 blinking green, data no light, nework solid green.

0 Likes
Peter001
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
Peter001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also fail is not lit.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When are you seeing these lights? When you reboot the ONT or when your Internet, TV, and Phone are out?

Is the router connected to the ONT using coax or ethernet?

Mantoo

Happened to us too. They came to the house and changed the ONT, fiber optic wire, ports to which we were connected...but no dice for over 1 month. Finally, right when I was going to drop Verizon for another ISP, they reset the "main ONT" which exists somewhere not on our property and magically the problem was solved. 

0 Likes