Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Internet keeps dropping out
Draco881

it's been almost a week since the problem started. my internet has dropped out atleast 5 different times. when i call verizon they tell me to do everything that i already have. at this point im ready to blow up my router. im looking into getting a different service because of this.

0 Likes
Re: Internet keeps dropping out
smith6612
Super User
Super User

Dun hate on the router! It's not the router's fault all the time! :C

When your connection drops out, is your Internet light simply going off? Does the DSL light go out/flash with it?

0 Likes
Draco881

yes, the internet light goes out and doesnt come back on.  i have powered the router off and back on and the light still doesnt come back on. i've had to do a complete reset several times to get it to work. the router is a westell 7500.

0 Likes
Marluxia13
Enthusiast

I had that problem before i called my technician. He had verizon switch their routers on their end, because apparently the one they had set was a "juniper lightspan" or something along those lines and it wasn't very compatible with the 7500, so they switched it to a "redback".  After that, there was still a problem with it because i was STILL losing sync, but perhaps that will solve your issue. I'm no expert by any means but you could call their tech and give it a shot.