Is any possible to discontinue internet Service without loosing deposit?
customer10731

Hi all,

First of all, I have to say that it is a terrible experience with Verizon internet. I created my Verizon High Speed Internet (DSL) plan in the end of September 2016. In the past three months, the internet speed was very slow. Sometimes I even could not open google. We had to set up another internet in the apartment. Now I wanna know how could I cancel Verizon internet. As mentioned in the title, I wanna get my deposit back in the same time because I think the rep was not honesty when he introduced the plan to me.

When I called Verizon to set up internet, the representative told me the plan which I wanna apply was not available around my area and he recommended the plan which I am using currently to me. I told him we have 6 people in an apartment and all of us need to play games or watch youtube via this internet.... He GUARANTEED me this plan was very fast (he said "FAST" many times )and GUARANTEED that this plan can support all of us devices surfing at the same time easily! He also told me that the service had no contract and I was not required to keep the plan for year mandatorily. I just need to pay $200 as the security deposit.  Now, I even found that this plan bundled phone service. I told the rep clearly I just need internet!

Now I just wanna cancel this internet plan as soon as possible...Could someone help me?

0 Likes
Re: Is any possible to discontinue internet Service without loosing deposit?
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi customer1531,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes