Is there any way to get the transceiver statistics from the D-Link DSL-2750B router!
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
I just had DSl installed and I can't my transceiver statistics. Any one now how?
Thanks
0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to get the transceiver statistics from the D-Link DSL-2750B router!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Via the WebUI, there doesn't seem to be a way at the moment. My guess is, if you try Telnetting into the modem, you can get the stats from that way. Use admin as the username and admin as the password (usually what the gateways have set to them), and then once you are at a prompt, type the word "help" to see a list of commands. If you're able to get this far and can supply a list of the commands, that would be awesome. No guarantees this will work.

Re: Is there any way to get the transceiver statistics from the D-Link DSL-2750B router!
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for your help but no luck. I do have another question.  Its really strange that I got offered the 1.1-3Mbps enhanced, the reason I say that is my friend who signed up at the same time,  and who is two streets over got offered the 3.5-7Mbps package. The VZ tech told me we come out of the same Dslam/Slick to the CO. So he said there is no reason I couldn't get that speed.The CO is still offering that speed at my moms address. And she is farther from the CO then me. All my speed tests have been at 2.88-3.1 Mbps, depending where I ran the speed test from. Uploads have been .60-.78. I would like to see Mbps. My buddy's getting 6.75 no issues at all. Any ideas on where I would the conversation going with Verizon... They also changed my pair what ever that means. He said it could been rerouted way up the road before then came back to the Dslam.

0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for your help I meant....Not sure why it had a line through the word. " Telnetting into the modem" I don't understand what you mean by that.

0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Having an issue already, my speed was right where it supposed to be at 2.8- 3.1 Mbps. DSL was working great. We rented an an HD 720p movie from VuDu not one issue with buffering. Had multiple devices going at once. Watched you tube with no buffering. Then all of a sudden BUFFERING!! Checked my speed... down to half the speed I had before. Called Verizon support CSR said there was a line issue. The only thing I can think of is the weather. It's in the upper 20s coldest night so far. The tech that came out to set me up said my line was "ancient". I have one of those old black blocks in my basement, no newer style NID, drop goes right into the basement. I hope they can fix it this time. Still have my TWC modem going. I left it on just in case I ran into any problems. I can't give transceiver statistics because I have one of the new D-link modems. I might just buy my own modem or ask for a different style when the tech comes out... Does anyone know if they will swap it out?
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wiggie116 wrote:

Thanks for your help I meant....Not sure why it had a line through the word. " Telnetting into the modem" I don't understand what you mean by that.

By that, it means starting your telnet client on your computer and connecting with it to the router.

Since each OS and Version is different, for example if you are on Windows XP..

#1 Go to Start -> Run.

#2 Type in cmd and press enter,

#3 In the new window, called the command prompt, type in telnet and press enter.

#4 Type in the letter o followed by the LAN IP of the router and press enter.

O 192.168.1.1 <enter>

#5 Log-in as need be.

0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Ok, I understand now. I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
This is what I got back from telnet. " could not open connection to host, on port 23: connect failed" I also tried did my IPv4 address no luck.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you're getting that error, see if there is an option somewhere in the D-Link's web interface to enable Telnet. I'm not proficient with how the menus are laid out in that modem, but I'd venture to say you will find this under an Administration or Advanced section of the modem. Be on the lookout for an option to enable Telnet or SSH, but do not enable Remote Telnet or SSH if that is the only option you come across.

0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
I'll give it a try. I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks
0 Likes