Issues re: Using Actiontec WCB3000N as MoCA adapter
woohah95

So I've read the various posts on DSLReports and this forum regarding the use of a Moca adapter with my own router in order to connect with the Fios STBs. Here's my setup: I have data flowing from an ethernet connection with the ONT. I have the ethernet feed plugged directly into my own router's WAN port. I then have an ethernet cable running from my router's (D-Link DIR-842) LAN port to the #1 port on an Actiontec WCB3000N extender that I bought from Amazon (to use as a Moca adapter). I also have coax running from the wall outlet in my office to the Actiontec coax input. My router has a bridge connection with the Actiontec. I see them both on the same subnet. I can connect wireless devices to both the Actiontec and D-Link networks. All lights are green; no apparent issues. My DVR box is in my living room connected to the coax jack in there. Despite frequent unplugs and resets, the STB cannot detect the router. Additionally it also briefly pops up "OOB not detected." I've run the Verizon online diagnostics with no success. I have not called Verizon service yet as I assume my setup is the problem (as I am just an informed novice on networking). Any help would be much appreciated! thanks

0 Likes