Manually Reset Router, no Internet connection even though Wifi is detected
TracyN

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Quantum Router not connecting to the internet using Wifi, I appreciate if someone could help me with this issue.  I've tried manual reset the router/modem, got through all the steps of resetting it just fine but when I go into select the wifi network on my android phone (the wifi names do appear in my wifi network selection), it keeps saying something like "internet might not be available" .  When I signed into my fios account, the router status shows "Ethernet/Coax Status: No Connection", is this something that I need to call Fios to have them reset my connection?   I've tried the manual "reset" button several times, still same issues.  

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Manually Reset Router, no Internet connection even though Wifi is detected
jonjones1
Legend

Here is the owners manual https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

under wifi settings make sure you turn it on. Just turning on the router doesn’t necessarily turn WiFi on.

if after you access the settings and turn on WiFi 2.4 Ghz, 5 Ghz and Guest network Incase you want that active.

the SSID for your network is on your Quantum sticker on router. Not the master password and login for the router 192.168.1.1 but look at the WiFi SSID and password for your network. You can change the network name and password to one you like.

but the WiFi must be toggled on.

if you cannot do the WiFi you may need to call 1-800-VERIZON to get another router

0 Likes
TracyN

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the quick response!  When you said under wifi settings, is it the setting in My Network account that I access through http://192.168.1.1?  Sorry, I'm very new to this.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@TracyN wrote:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the quick response!  When you said under wifi settings, is it the setting in My Network account that I access through http://192.168.1.1?  Sorry, I'm very new to this.

Thanks again!

Yes. Under wireless you will see if it’s on. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your WAN side connection may be down. Is wired also not working?

Usually in this scenario, it's best to check up on the ONT. See if it's powered or if any red lights / fault lights show up. The ONT will also indicate on many models if the Internet connection is being delivered over MoCa (Coax) or not to the router.

Give Verizon a call if you're not sure. Someone should be able to take a look at the ONT and check to see whether or not the router can be seen.

If it's just Wireless though, try swapping the router, as defaults should just work on most devices.

0 Likes