McAfee Host Not Resolvable
ginam4

I work from home connecting with Cisco Anyconnect. I just got a new laptop & there is one website I need to use for work (an internal page) that I can not get onto. I was able to get onto it with my old laptop (both are work issued so I'm assuming the set up is the same) I keep getting a McAfee Host Not Resolvable error. I brought my laptop into the office yesterday & out IT guy said he couldn't find anything wrong & it must be a setting on my home wifi. This doens't make much sense since it worker with my old laptop a few weeks ago. Any idea what setting(s) he could be referring to?

0 Likes
Re: McAfee Host Not Resolvable
jonjones1
Legend

@ginam wrote:

I work from home connecting with Cisco Anyconnect. I just got a new laptop & there is one website I need to use for work (an internal page) that I can not get onto. I was able to get onto it with my old laptop (both are work issued so I'm assuming the set up is the same) I keep getting a McAfee Host Not Resolvable error. I brought my laptop into the office yesterday & out IT guy said he couldn't find anything wrong & it must be a setting on my home wifi. This doens't make much sense since it worker with my old laptop a few weeks ago. Any idea what setting(s) he could be referring to?

McAfee is a suite of safeguards to protect you from viruses and malware and attacks on your network. The new computer must have it active. In that it is blocking legitimate sites you are trying to reach. I would look for anything mcafee and get rid of it if you are able. Like Norton Symantec it is very intrusive and hard to deinstall.

0 Likes