Mistaken FIOS Shutoff -- Having trouble getting service restored
JCAreaMan

A verizon tech shut off our FIOS service when he or she mistook an adjacent apartment for ours.  Verizon has acknowledged that this was their error, but our service has been off since 3/22/2018. Someone just needs to come out and reconnect a cable or flip a switch.  They did not come into the unit when they shut it off, and they do not need access to the unit to turn it back on. I have spent at least 4 hours on hold or talking to tech support to have Verizon's error corrected, and now I'm seeing a text indicating that no tech will be able to come out until Saturday when we will be out of town.  Does anyone have any experience or advice on escalating this service issue with Verizon?  This was their mistake, and I get that those happen, but it seems to me that this should be resolved instantly and not in the normal queue of tech support.  I think I should also be compensated with free service for the time I have spent helping resolve this issue.  Seriously, anyone else have an issue like this?  

0 Likes
Re: Mistaken FIOS Shutoff -- Having trouble getting service restored
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes