Multimedia Messages from AT&T Wireless vanish when sent to verizon.net.
prisaz
Legend

Anyone ever have an issue sending an AT&T picture message to their verizon.net email address? No errors and it just gets blocked. I send them to work and msn.com and all works fine. I think it may be the reverse lookup on the verizon.net network mail servers. txt.att.net resolves just fine when doing a trace route, but mms.att.net shows no such server. I guess I will need to complain to AT&T to fix their DNS. MSN.com flags the message as highly probable spam, since the phonenumber@mms.att.net does not resolve at valid domain. I bet someone here would say use Verizon Wireless. I bet vzw would work just fine.

I suppose it is not a verizon.net issue since AT&T has not configured their DNS properly?

0 Likes
Re: Multimedia Messages from AT&T Wireless vanish when sent to verizon.net.
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Sounds like a spam filter is nabbing it somewhere. Did you check to see if the Verizon.net spam filter is turned off on the webmail page? The default setting is to delete spam. So if MSN is flagging it as spam, it would stand to reason that Verizon is doing the same. I'd just double check to make sure that the spam filter on the verizon web mail is not turned on.

0 Likes
Re: Multimedia Messages from AT&T Wireless vanish when sent to verizon.net.
prisaz
Legend

Thanks for the sugestions. First place I looked was on the spam filter. I have it set not to delete spam, and I check the junk folder online at the webmail page all the time. Then delete them from there. I don't trust filters and as long as I don't get a flood of trash on my PC, I don't care. Today it is not even making it to msn.com. I just got off of a chat with AT&T and they say it is my mail provider, but then could not tell me why a trace route shows mms.att.net as an invalid domain. I tried to switch my dns to opendns and when you hit an invalid domain it just kicks you back to their error page that says are you sure you are not looking for xyz? Every mail server I ever ran did not even check for spam from invalid domains, they would just drop the connection. Well I think others are having issues even though AT&T says no. The sky is not falling it's only rain. Funny I did not have this problem until I switched to unlimited messaging. Every company out there are crooks! But their billing usually get's it right. Hint hint.

0 Likes