My network is constantly dropping
supernet2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alrighty, their was a major storm that hit in PA, on 4/17/2013. This knocked out the power in my area, combine with also knocking out the nearby verizon store that im assuming my FiOS line comes directly from.

All of my networked equipment shut down after UPS failed (lasted for only 2hrs on backup power) Anywho, the issue is 2 things.

a new ip was generated for my network domain (thus basically forcing me to re-distribute my IP for my game servers), alongside also making my network drop on a constant.

Any idea why i have a new ip assigned?

Any idea why my network is now dropping? (even though in the system logs i dont see it reporting a system WAN shut down/restart) or anything that indicates system malfunction, im wondering if theirs a issue in my area with the FiOS service after the storm that hit and knocked out power in some parts of the PA area

*NOTE*

whats really annoying the heck out of me is that im trying to browse the internet and i keep halfing to refresh pages constantly to even get a page to pull sucessfully to my machine.

Its kinda annoying actually, as i had to login via my phones wifi hotspot so that i can actually post here. Considering the FiOS land line is that unstable i cant even login via that method! So now im using my fallback network my phones mobile hotspot plan to connect. It would be awesome if i can use my FiOS network, or better yet a rough ETA when these issue will be resolved at the data center from where my FiOS is streamed from*

0 Likes
Re: My network is constantly dropping
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: My network is constantly dropping
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Supernet2,

Since we haven't heard back from you or received the form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes