New G3100 Router, Ethernet and wireless work, but MOCA bridge to Coax is not working
Yakmiller

Hello,

I was using the older G1100 router with an ethernet link into the house and it was working fine as a MOCA bridge to the Coax house wiring.  I have three tivo boxes that worked fine that way.  

Now that I've upgraded to the G3100 router with the same wiring, the tivo boxes can not connect to the ethernet.  The G3100 status shows zero devices connected on the coax cable.

I looked at the network status GUI for the G3100 and it shows the Coax network is enabled.  Is there something I missed to enable the bridge function of the G3100 router?  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New G3100 Router, Ethernet and wireless work, but MOCA bridge to Coax is not working
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your TiVo MoCA bridge has the ability to specify the MoCA channel being used, try adjusting that. The G3100 may be using a different channel from what your G1100 used.

View solution in original post

Re: New G3100 Router, Ethernet and wireless work, but MOCA bridge to Coax is not working
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you do not have FIOS TV too:

#1 You should switch the connection at the ONT from Moca to ethernet.

REFs =

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/15990

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/15991

If that is not where you use the Moca wires, please post and someone else can help you with your issue.

#2 And then you use your router without using theirs too.

Yakmiller

Thanks for commenting, dslr595148! Yes, I do have FIOS TV and need the MOCA bridge to function with that device.  My line from the ONT box is Ethernet, and I need the G3100 Router to work as a MOCA bridge so the TIVO boxes get the TV signal and an internet connection. 

The TIVOs need an internet link to the outside world, which works great through the Coax cable.  They are finicky about working with an Ethernet connection and the MOCA connection means everything works (TV signal and smart tv functions like Amazon Prime TV) with one coaxial wire connection. 

The G3100 router seemed to work fine and provides enhanced security features (or so I'm told) so it seems like a worthwhile upgrade.  However, I need the MOCA bridge function to allow devices on the coaxial cable to get on the network to the outside world. 

Has anyone else had problems with the MOCA bridge feature of the G3100 router?

Thanks!

0 Likes
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

the G3100 is Moca 2.5 - if you have the older 2.0 adapter for your TiVo, that could be a mismatch issue..

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your TiVo MoCA bridge has the ability to specify the MoCA channel being used, try adjusting that. The G3100 may be using a different channel from what your G1100 used.

charlyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

G3100 (MoCA 2.5) will not work with MoCA 2.0 need to replace adapters and extenders that are MoCA 2.0 or lower.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Charlyc wrote:

G3100 (MoCA 2.5) will not work with MoCA 2.0

With two exceptions I was able to confirm in the last few days. ECB5240M (Fios Network Adapter, bonded MoCA 2.0) does work with G3100. WCB6200Q (bonded MoCA 2.0) with NCS firmware 1.1L.10.20re does work with G3100. Notice that the WCB6200Q must be Actiontec-branded and upgraded to the newest firmware 1.1L.10.20re. WCB3000N (MoCA 1.1) works with G3100 too.